This warranty policy applies only to OPPO products sold in New Zealand. In the event that performance failure occurs from normal use during the warranty period, OPPO would provide maintenance services free of charge.
|Phone (with battery)||24 months Parts and Labour cost|
Headphones, USB Cable, Charger
|12 months Parts and Labour costs|
|Car Charger||12 months Parts and Labour cost|
|Power Bank||12 months Parts and Labour cost|
|Bluetooth Earphones||12 months Parts and Labour cost|
|Smartwatches, Wearables (Wi-Fi)||12 months Parts and Labour cost|
1. Provide brand new components/parts for all repaired devices.
2. All repaired or replacements are entitled to the warranty period of the initial purchased date or 3 months from the repaired date. Warranty period is in accordance to the longest duration of the warranty available.
3. If repaired device returns with fault, new part will be replaced, and new 3 months warranty will be given.
1. Valid proof of purchase needs to be kept and required to present when claiming warranty.
2. Under the circumstance of unable to provide proof of purchase, OPPO will honor the warranty service based on the calculation between 3 months after manufacture release date and E-warranty date provided on the system. OPPO will determine the reasonable date as Proof of Purchase.
3. In-box accessories such as User Guide and Warranty Information booklet are not covered under warranty.
4. OPPO products purchased from outside of New Zealand are not covered under warranty. OPPO New Zealand can assist with repairs and enquiries by appointment from OPPO Care Centre. Please take into consideration that this may include service and material fees.
5. OPPO reserves the right to object replacement request if the cause of malfunction and/or abnormality of the device is due to accessories such as protective cover, screen protector etc. OPPO may replace with new accessory based on circumstances.
6. All faulty parts retrieved from warranty repairs belongs to OPPO New Zealand.
All device assessed to have physical damage or related cause will not be covered under warranty. However, can be repaired with a service fee:
1. Out of warranty repair (Warranty period).
2. Failed to provide Proof of Purchase and assessed to be outside of warranty criteria.
3. Warranty commitment released by non OPPO dealer.
4. Damage and distress caused by improper use such as dropping device, liquid damage, force pressure etc.
5. Damage and distress caused by irresistible external forces (flood, fire, thunder, earthquake, transport accident).
6. Failure to use and maintain the product according to the instructions that lead to damage or malfunction, such as use under extreme temperatures, use of non-OPPO accessories, etc.
7. Device wear and tear by nature. This includes frontal display, back cover, physical buttons, etc.
8. Device dissembled, repaired and rooted by unauthorized OPPO repairer.
1. Please provide either original or a copy of Proof of Purchase when enquiring for warranty repair.
2. For the respect of customer's privacy, OPPO recommends that customers backup all the data (if possible) and then delete data on the phone prior to sending the device to OPPO Service Centre. OPPO is not obligated to assist with the backup or restore process to customer's data. OPPO will not be held responsible for data -related matters including data loss or disclosure of data.
1. If the device is assessed to be beyond economical repair, OPPO will provide you a recommendation of purchasing a refurbished device. This resolution is recommended for the purpose to avoid potential post-repair malfunctions from the Out-of-Warranty damage, such as liquid damage, severe physical damage, etc.
2. If the handset is assessed to be Out-of-Warranty, OPPO will send an email quote to customer which is provided by the customer. This email acts as a written notice for collection of handset within 3 months. Under Uncollected Goods Act 1995, OPPO has the right to dispose of any uncollected goods (handsets) 3 months from the date of the written notification. Thereupon, OPPO will dispose of the uncollected handset at OPPO Service Centre. It is customer’s responsibility to ensure all personal information (name, contact phone number, email, etc.) provided to OPPO are correct. OPPO will not be held responsible for any incorrect email provided by customer if the email notification cannot be delivered due to an incorrect email address, uncollected handsets will still be disposed of after 3 months.
3. All warranty policies are subject to change based on New Zealand Consumer Law.
The Company will not be liable of compensation for losses and expenses caused by the following reasons:
1. Force majeure like wars, hostile acts, military acts, armed conflicts, strikes, disturbances, riots, terrorist activities, natural disasters (e.g. typhoons, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunami), nuclear reactions, and nuclear radiation, etc.
2. The appearance defects of the handset, such as paint loss, scratch and fading. However, this provision is not applicable to the case in which the handset is also damaged.
3. The wear and tear, damage or loss of accessories or consumables (including but not limited to the headset, storage card, charging device, data cable, etc.) which does not affect the basic use functions of the handset.
4. Losses caused by the wear, corrosion, oxidation, rust, loss, etc. of the mobile phone in normal use or by gradual changes such as dust accumulation, condensation, coldness and heating.
5. Loss of stored data or product parts added to the original handset.
6. The Company will not bear any liability for any indirect or incidental losses caused by accidental damage of the handset including but not limited to personal injury, being unusable, loss of profit, loss of data, loss of failure time, and cost of lost labour.
7. Damage to the handset caused by intentional acts of the insured, or theft or loss due to improper safekeeping.
8. Product functional failure due to system and software problems resulting from virus-infected software.
9. The handset model, IMEI number, etc. are inconsistent with those recorded at the time of purchasing the OPPO Care Insurance product, or are altered, missing or illegible.
If the user is found to have intentionally damage the product to achieve the purpose of fraud, the OPPO Care Insurance content corresponding to the product will terminate automatically. In this case, the Company will not refund any expense, while retaining the right to pursue legal liability of the user.
1. Failures during the coverage period that comply with the provisions of standard OPPO warranty Policy.
2. Without any valid Proof of Purchase.
3. The consumer raises the maintenance requirement beyond the warranty term.
4. The consumer intentionally and artificially creates damage or deliberately amplifies the occurrence of the damage.
5. The consumer knows perfectly well that the way of use and environment might cause damage to the handset but does not take any precautionary measures or believes easily that the damage can be avoided, which leads to the occurrence of the damage.
6. Losses or expenses caused by force majeure, natural disasters, and the intentional acts of any relevant person(s) or any institution or personnel.
7. The consumer disassembles and assembles the handset or sends it to a non-OPPO authorised repairer for disassembly and repair without permission.
8. The product-related information recorded in the service management system, such as the product model, product identification and customer information, is altered and/or inconsistent with that of the actual repaired product.
9. Personal injuries and property losses caused by the insured commodity to the user or others, and other various indirect losses or expenses.
10. Other liabilities, expenses and losses beyond the scope of warranty liabilities corresponding to the sold product.